upcycled sweater

26.1.17

 I think I have more clothes for recycling than fabrics. I usually make clothes for the kids or use them as lining. This time I took an old wool pullover and resew it for my girl. First I felted it washing it at 40'. Felting old wool fabrics make them stronger even if they shrink. After felting it, this wool - a 70% camel and 30% wool - become even softer than before. Then I cut the ribbed neckline, bottom and cuffs and the sleeves. I drafted new raglan sleeves, cut and sew it again. The felted wool doesn't fray so I left the sleeves and bottom with raw edges as also the raglan seams esposed to the outside of the garment. The neckline was too wide that's why I sewed the ribbed botton edge as a neckband. 
Et voilà! A new cosy sweater from an old one.
I also upcycled the trousers using a burdastyle pattern and adding it back pockets.







You Might Also Like

0 comment's

popular posts

blog archive

subscribe